Our primary goal at Willow Wood is to provide a warm, nurturing environment that promotes and encourages the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of each one of our students.
We are a play-based program, providing an age-appropriate environment that allows children to engage in experiences that are meaningful to them. This encourages the children to learn through exploring, creating, and problem-solving in a safe, secure atmosphere.
We strive to help each child:
- adjust to unfamiliar situations
- feel comfortable and secure in our environment
- become creative, imaginative and inventive
- learn to think and solve problems
- learn to communicate feelings and ideas
- develop body awareness and coordination
- develop a positive self-awareness as well as a respect
for others and an overall sense of emotional security
- An essential part of this process involves our teachers.
To learn more about our staff, click here.